'Deeply concerned' King Charles backs Andrew investigation after royal's arrest and says the 'law must take its course'.
The King has said 'the law must take its course' after expressing his 'deepest concern' over the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.
Charles III revealed that the police will have his 'wholehearted support and co-operation' after his younger brother was held on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Calling for a 'full, fair and proper process', the King added: ‘My family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.
The disgraced former Duke of York was held on his 66th birthday today and is in custody at a secret location after a morning raid on his new Norfolk home was first revealed by the Daily Mail.
He can be held without charge for 24 hours, which begins upon arrival at a police station.
Charles said in a statement released by Buckingham Palace at Midday: 'I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
'What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.
'Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
'As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all'.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to support the King’s unprecedented statement following the arrest of William's uncle Andrew at Sandringham on Thursday.
Multiple sources claim the King was not informed in advance of the operation by detectives.
Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate - Andrew's new home - is currently being searched by Thames Valley Police along with his former mansion, Royal Lodge in Windsor.
Thames Valley Police arrested Andrew, the eighth in line to the British throne, on suspicion of misconduct in public office this morning.
The Daily Mail was the first to reveal plain-clothes police, carried in six unmarked vehicles, had arrived at Wood Farm, where Andrew now lives, at 8am this morning.
A convoy including at least two royal Land Rovers linked to Andrew was photographed leaving the estate less than an hour later. His arrest was confirmed at 10.08am.
For the past ten days detectives have been probing his conduct as a trade envoy for the UK after emails in the Epstein Files suggested he shared confidential information with his paedophile friend including reports of his official visits and potential investment opportunities.
A Thames Valley spokesman said today: 'We have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office'.
The force said its officers are searching an address in Norfolk - believed to be Wood Farm where Andrew is exiled - and an address in Berkshire, likely to be Royal Lodge in Windsor, where he lived for more than 20 years until this month.
'The man remains in police custody at this time', the spokesman said - but the force would not confirm where Andrew, who is celebrating his birthday today, had been taken.
Norfolk Police said it is 'supporting' the Thames Valley investigation but did not say if one of its stations was being used by detectives to interview Andrew.
Thames Valley Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: 'Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
'It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.
'We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.'
'The man remains in police custody at this time', the spokesman said - but the force would not confirm where Andrew, who is celebrating his birthday today, had been taken.
Tags: Queen, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince Louis, Prince William and Kate Middleton, Prince Charles, Prince Harry, Meghan, Lilibet
Do you have a question about King Charles III, William and Kate, Meghan and Harry, or their family that you would like our experienced royal correspondents to answer? Email thuongvietland@gmail.com. We'd love to hear from you.


0 Comments